accountants and business consultants. The firm has adequate resources to advice on most financial matters.
Clients can be assured that the advice received takes into account the client’s culture and customs in
addition to applicable laws and regulations, thus ensuring the success of their business.
We specialise in providing tailor made accounting solutions to small and medium enterprises. Our accounting services include the following:
- Preparation of annual financial statements
- Monthly management accounts
- Completion and submission of VAT, PAYE, UIF, SDL, WCA returns
- Registration of VAT, PAYE, UIF and SDL
- Preparation of PAYE bi-annual reconciliation
- Review and compile financial statements
- Review current accounting procedures and internal controls
- Implement or improve on computerized accounting systems
- Training and support to accounting staff
- Bookkeeping and payroll services
We understand that every individual is unique and hence our taxation services are tailored around the unique circumstances of each individual and company. The Firm provides the following fully outsourced tax
- Completion and submission of Income
- Tax returns via e-filing
- Calculation of tax liabilities
- Completion and submission of IT14SD (Supplementary Disclosure returns)
- Calculation and submission of Provisional taxes
- Salary Structuring
- Income Tax Registration
- VAT registration
- Exemption certificate for Employee Tax
- Application for exemption from Income Tax
- Checking Income Tax assessments
- Import and Export Customs and excise registrations
- Arranging deferred payments
- Advising on legislation and various forms of tax
Company Secretarial Services
Our Company Secretarial Service offering will ensure that you comply with companies act. Our specialists
will advise you on the most appropriate vehicle through which to conduct business, namely, a company, partnership, trust or sole trader. Our Company Secretarial Services include the following:
- Registration of Companies
- Shelf companies
- Appointment of Auditors
- Appointment of Accounting Officers
- Appointment of New Directors
- Appointment of New Members
- Appointment of Trustees
- Transfer of Shares
- Allotment of Shares
- Change in year-end
- Special Resolutions
- Maintenance of share registers
- All other CIPC changes
Business Advisory Services
Corporate Governance/King III
As standards of corporate behaviour come under increasing scrutiny, managers need to take into account
the rules, regulations and best practice concerning Corporate Governance. Our specialists provide practical
advice in this important area.
Expert advise on risk management, review of not only financial risks but other areas including operations,
resources and reputation that can have a dramatic impact on the continuing success of an entity.
Internal audit plays a valuable role in providing assurance that key controls are in place and operating effectively so that financial and other corporate risks are managed. Advice on, and assistance with the operation of an internal audit service is provided. Internal audit can also be outsourced to us.
Other professional advice
The Firm maintains close contacts with business leaders, bankers, lawyers and other professionals in our
community and can make introductions where required.
Financial Modelling Services
Smetu Consultants has experience in using financial techniques to quantify future certain and uncertain events. We help clients solve some of their toughest business problems. Our areas of expertise in Financial Modelling include:
Financial Forecasting Tools:
We develop rigorous financial reporting and forecasting tools for corporates, farmers, sole traders, projects and all other SME’s. We develop a tool from operating and financial data from entities that enable long-term scenario and sensitivity testing for strategic and operational decision making.
Valuations and Forecasts:
We develop bespoke financial models to determine the value of a business or a joint venture. From these models, we are able to predict the long term profitability of the venture and advise management on the key risks and opportunities for creating value.
Business Case Development and Audits:
We can develop or audit financial models to determine if the model is reliable, accurate, complete and consistent with its intended purpose.